Sunday, December 30, 2012

I “Fired” The Generator

After connecting two more batteries we have enjoyed full power all day until it was time to hit the cushions. I have fired the generator!

Alright, we might still need it a bit when Mrs. Sun isn’t shining for a couple of days. That rarely happens out here.

Today I had to haul water. We have a 45 gal. rubber bladder which I put on top of the roof of the van. I can fill it and don’t have to tie it down. It doesn’t move. The beauty of it is that I don’t need a pump to run the water into the freshwater tank of the trailer. That’s the life of a boondocker!

Yesterday we hauled wood. Hardwood. Eucalyptus wood. It is heavy wood. Old trees on a farm, We hauled two trailer loads. There is wood enough for maybe ten years. Trouble is one needs a chainsaw – a big chainsaw. I have none here, but my friend has one. So we hauled wood – and had a fire in the evening. What a delight!

Then I saw a new motorhome had pulled in. It was of a foreign make and had German license plates. Maybe I post a picture of it tomorrow. It’s quite nice, small and efficient.

See ya tomorrow!

9 comments:

  1. Nice that you have your solar up and running efficiently. Check out those new neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to see you found some wood :)..sounds like the solar is working like it should? have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what do you guys think of your new trailer now that you've had a chance to live in for awhile? Does Molly like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are very happy with our new trailer. I like especially my kitchen! Molly has settled in as well and found new favourite spots. (Bea)

      Delete
  4. Solar and wood for a fire - you're all set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your solar is up and running, I hope to do that someday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HATE GENERATORS !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh BTW, Curious to know what Brand and size batteries you got. Or did you already mention that in a previous post ??

    ReplyDelete
  8. We despise our generator, and haven't used it in a year.

    I'd like to see your 45-gallon bladder - fresh water bladder - on your van. That would be handy!

    ReplyDelete

We like to hear from you. You can add your comment here: